Who we are:
We are operator-led investors from the first ticket to the first round. Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, hyper-growth tech company execs, and operators who are committed to supporting founders in their journeys to build sustainable companies through product-led growth.
We are driven to build a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings wealth of ideas and resources that strengthen our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
Since our foundation in 2017, we have invested in 70+ early-stage startups ranging from pre-seed to Series A not only as investors but as operators ready to support founders with whatever challenges arise.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid however this role will be based in the US with preference for Miami, Austin or Silicon Valley.
What we do:
Through our Fund and First Ticket Product-Led Growth support, we invest in ambitious founders that are building the next generation software companies. We invest in fast-growing Pre-Seed, Seed & Series A companies in the US, Latam and Europe that have massive scalability potential, are capital efficient and follow a product-led growth methodology.
The support we offer our startups is unparalleled as we become almost an extension of the startup’s team providing hands-on support in engineering, product, and growth. Our tailored support also includes preparing founders for fundraising and leadership coaching to build a strong company culture.
Who you will work with:
We are a passionate, committed and international executive team from hyper-growth companies with successful track records as mentors, entrepreneurs, and executives. A Dream Team with deep expertise growing tech companies globally. We not only support entrepreneurs with funding strategies but also with engineering, product, growth, data, marketing, legal and internationalization strategies for their startups.
You will work with highly ambitious founders and a very talented extended team at TheVentureCity.
What you will do:
- Serve as a subject expert and offer hands-on support to the companies in the portfolio across different Product related areas such as User Journeys, Active User analysis and definition, Retention and Engagement.
- Support startups to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates their product and its features across primary market segments
- Plan, execute and analyze early stage startup Product strategy.
- Help translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Be ruthless at prioritization while working towards Product Market Fit.
- Help build a repetitive and transparent roadmap prioritization process.
- Apply evidence-based decision making to your recommendations. Work with data and market signals as much as possible.
- Help to create robust and effective Product Framework that can be used and repeated by startups on different stages, verticals and Geos.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the internal team of TheVentureCity and stakeholders from the different companies.
- Build empathy and advocate to propose new solutions for the needs of our companies.
- Understand the market. Engage in continuous research to stay abreast of the landscape and continue recommending the most efficient tactics to our founders.
- Manage multiple initiatives internally and externally. Establish and maintain open communication flow between stakeholders, and shepherd projects through to completion within deadlines. Work with colleagues as well as outside vendors, resources, and partners to ensure all opportunities are well-leveraged.
- Dedicate time to building community with the product world either online or locally.
What you need:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Management roles at multiple early stage hyper-growth startups.
- You have experience building B2B Saas Products for SMBs and Enterprise customers including sales strategies, acquisition funnels and pricing frameworks.
- You have a positive-sum mentality, and you’re equally excited about rolling up your sleeves to get something done, or reflecting on a marketing strategy and big picture.
- You are data-informed, and comfortable analyzing substantial data sets in some areas and recommending action with minimal information in others.
- Experience building and defining the full customer lifecycle, working with Designers to clean up UI/UX to focus on what’s important.
- You have experience diving into Analytics tools, analyzing event data, funnels and Impact analysis, understanding user behavior in tools like Amplitude or Mixpanel.
- You have experience building and managing User Journeys, User Personas and Product Related Dashboards.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team.
Who you are:
- You are a team player
- You are a people person
- You seek to be the best version of yourself
- Your are energetic and relentless
- You are humble and have high ethical standards
- You understand the importance of diversity for this industry
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You can thrive in an ambiguous and/or chaotic environment
- You are unafraid to ask the hard questions and speak up your mind
- You are a master of multi-tasking and execute effectively at the same time
- You bring creativity to everything you do
- You are a natural networker
- You are a good communicator
- You are an entrepreneur at heart
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance