Marketing and Communications Intern
Who we are:
We are operator-led investors from the first ticket to the first round. Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, hyper-growth tech company execs, and operators who are committed to supporting founders in their journeys to build sustainable companies through product-led growth.
We are driven to build a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings wealth of ideas and resources that strengthen our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid however this internship will be based in Madrid, Spain. This is a 6 month paid internship.
We are hiring for a Marketing & Communications intern to support our Global Marketing and Communications Team.
Who you are:
- We are looking for someone who is a deep interest in brand & digital marketing, communications, PR social media, content writing, etc and really loves the tech startup world
- You don’t need to have prior work experience but you should be either studying currently at university or just recently graduated in a related field.
- You are radically proactive: you don’t wait for instructions, you assess the situation and you move in the direction you think makes sense to achieve the goal. Yet, you over communicate with your team to make sure you are on the right path.
- You are a self-identified “tech geek” who loves digging into new technology, learning about the latest trends, and gets excited about the future possibilities driven by technology.
- You are a natural with social media, love discovering new platforms for personal use and are on top of the latest trends in digital marketing
- You are analytical and love to dig into campaign data
- You are aiming for excellence. You communicate well and you are a detail-oriented person.
What you will do:
- Support the day- to- day functions of the Marketing & Comms team that currently consists of 4 people across Madrid and Miami. Projects and activities may include but are not limited to:
- Agency management for all material creation
- Assistance in copywriting/copy editing for blog posts and social media posts in English and Spanish
- Upkeep of team notion, press clippings, trello boards, mailchimp lists etc
- Support in sending email campaigns through MailChimp
- Support in organizing virtual and in-person events for portfolio founders and more
- Oversee paid digital media campaigns, monitor success and report results
What you need:
- Excellent writing skills, digital marketing literacy ,email marketing knowledge a plus!
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively, especially in a remote/hybrid environment.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Ability to learn fast.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is a must.